All-Inclusive QDRO Services Dividing Assets During Divorce
Pensions and retirement accounts are often one of the largest assets to be divided or allocated in a divorce or legal separation. Splitting and/or changing ownership of pensions and retirement plans due to a divorce is a complex process that involves issues related to acquisition, valuation and distribution.
When pension funds are divided or reallocated in a divorce, a QDRO (Qualified Domestic Relations Order) needs to be incorporated into the divorce agreement. There are also a number of steps that need to be taken to comply with the law, pension plan requirements and to ensure equitable distribution of accounts. California law requires a Joinder for each plan.
Unlike other companies who offer QDRO services, we offer all-inclusive service at a flat rate. This flat rate includes all of the necessary steps, including joinders, filing, plan approval and re-drafts. You won’t be surprised with unexpected billing charges.
Divorce Helpline attorneys Allison Hardin and Charma Pipersky are specialists in pension distributions and drafting QDROs. From simple divorces to high conflict and high net worth family divorces, they are experienced at navigating complex retirement systems and preparing the complicated paperwork associated with pension distributions and QDROs.
Depending on the type of plan involved, the Divorce Helpline team offers a full range of services including:
- Joinder of the plan
- Drafting all necessary documents
- Obtaining pre-approval of all documents from pension plan
- Filing all documents with the court
These services may be useful for a variety of pension plans including:
- 401(k), 403(b), ESOP Annuity, TIAA-CREF, SEP IRA, Keogh
- Government Plans: PERS, STRS, UCRS, Military
- Federal Plans: FERS, CSRS (including FEHB Stipulation & Notice)
- Private Corporation and Company Plans
- Union Plans, City Charter and County Charter Plans
Divorce Helpline can also assist in redrafting QDROs before they are filed with the court or amending QDROs once they have been filed.
Our all-inclusive Pension/QDRO flat price prices are based on the type of pension plan or retirement account, and cover all necessary steps including joinders, filing, plan approval and re-drafts.
- 401(k), 403(b), ESOP Annuity, TIAA-CREF, SEP IRA, Keogh – $950
- Government Plans: PERS, STRS, UCRS, Military – $950
- Federal Plans: FERS, CSRS (including FEHB Stipulation & Notice) – $950
- Private Corporation and Company Plans – $1,050
- Union Plans, City Charter and County Charter Plans – $1,050
- Redrafting a QDRO (when the plan or a client requires changes post-signing and/or filing) – $200-$500
- Amending a QDRO once filed with the court – Call for quote