Although no divorce is “standard,” if your situation is fairly similar to the one described below, it would probably fall into this general category:
- Married for 10 years or more
- There are minor children (or adult children with special needs)
- There may be a need for spousal support for one spouse
- Net value of between $100,000 to $500,000
- There may be pensions, stock options, retirement accounts
Divorce Helpline offers a number of resources to help couples address all of the issues in their divorce and reach agreement, including Mediation, Divorce Packages, Consultation & Coaching and more.
We are attorneys who are exceptionally experienced at giving practical advice along with legal advice. If you have questions about child custody, spousal support, child support, division of your property or payment of debts, and want to know about your rights and obligations, we can help. Your attorney will act as a consultant to you, to explain your rights accurately and answer your questions thoroughly. You will feel more confident knowing how the law works and what to do next.